Authenticity about Photography!
I take a step back and look at where I was a year ago.
I have learned so much in just one year, and honestly, the photography knowledge I have now compared to a year ago is massive!
But yet, I am in such a place of doubt. I went from just shooting and going with my natural eye to capture awesome images to
Questioning every picture I take, every edit I make, every caption I post, even every gallery I send.
I worry at times if my clients will like them!
Joey: “Photography is an option” let me explain
Since Photography is an art style not everyone will LOVE IT - and that is “okay.”
Working full time leaves the door open for more criticism and when it’s directed at an option of artwork at times...
I get lost in the artwork and admittingly I can’t decipher between my work and myself... “any other photographers get me?”
The thing is, I need to choose to think differently. I need to choose to - wash myself with the word- renew my mind!
That is a struggle at times!! It takes WORK to stop comparing myself and go back to the beginning!
- I do photography because I LOVE IT. I love serving people by capturing images. It’s not about the approval or the applause but about the “moments and memories captured.”
- I am not my Photography. I am Christ’s. And without Photography my identity would still be in Him.
- I am always growing -- learning each and every day in order to serve my clients better.
- I am passionate PASSIONATE about my job! Unsaleable passionate and excited to be able to take pictures because most people don’t have the privilege to do what I do.
- I hope this post and growing experience helps someone else in any walk of life.